Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Just Some Thoughts 7/10/2013

I'm back. I really didn't get all done that I wanted to, but I'm a blog junkie so here I am. Is there a cure for it? A shot? Therapy? Rehab? Sigh. I may not post as often but I'll definitely be around at least a couple of times a week.
*

I saw a blog the other day, not a fashion blog either, which are very popular, but it had over 18,000 followers and one post had 751 comments! WOW! That's astounding.
*
Imperfect people are all God has to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him but He deals with it. (J. R. Holland)
*
I've had this insatiable thirst for root beer lately, but not just any root beer, only Henry Weinhards Root Beer. I sent th' hubs to Wal-Mart the other day with a very small grocery list, about 4 items. I had told him to get 2 cases as we've been drinking a lot of it lately. So he got there and they didn't have any cases of 12. He called me to tell me. Sigh. I told him to go ahead and get 4 of the 6-pack cartons. No, I didn't scream or have a breakdown; I very politely told him even if he insisted it would cost more. When I'm in the mood for a H.W. Root Beer, don't even question the price! Double sigh.
*
I don't let anyone dull my sparkle. One woman had a good shot at it several years ago and it sent me to a therapist because of it. I told her after that I didn't want her in my life. Period. She kept insisting as she thought I was something special. I'm not. Well, to my family I am, but that's about it. She even had her hubby call me to let her back in my life. We moved to another town about an hour away after that. So, a couple of months ago I met up with her daughter at Costco and tried to ignore her but she's as bad as her mother. Well, her mother was there also and she called her over from another aisle and I just about wanted to fall through the floor and get out of there as soon as I could. That didn't happen. (Plus the fact that it was a hurried, emergency trip to Costco and I looked like a hag. Why don't you run into people you don't care for when you're looking your absolute best?!?!) She wanted my new phone number and I'm not a good liar so I gave it to her. Aaaarghh. Hubs and a dear friend said I should have given her a false one. I just don't think fast enough in those situations. Since she asked for it several times putting it into her cell phone, I'm hoping she copied it wrong. I've since turned off our home message machine and gone with the phone company generic one with the generic voice. I'm such a wimp! Well, not usually, but this was a shock. Plus I didn't want to be nasty, which I can do very well. ;-)
*
Many people prefer the comfortable lie. Oooooh, do I cry now or tonight.
*

Squeeeeallllll!!!! I'd love to have this for my very own in my backyard. Just a dream, not going to become a reality.


I'm not a big quilt fan but this one is gorgeous with all the pinks and flowers.


Another cute and quaint kitchen.


The color of verdigris is what I loved about this door.


A charming little home in France, Italy or Spain. They have really cute stone homes.


This is one spectacular lighting fixture. It would look grand in my backyard. ;-)


This looks like it's copper but I think it's beautiful even if it isn't.


Can you see yourself strolling down the petaled pathway here?


More lovely flowered china for you.


Our roses are blooming prolifically now. These aren't ours though.


A most unusual tablecloth. It looks like petals. I've wondered how she did it.


If I had a work bucket that looked like this, I might just dust more often. Then again, maybe not. :-)


I love everything about this room. Beautiful!!!!


Another patio to relax on.


Vibrant roses against a vibrant sofa and pillows.
*

Tidbit:

In 1928 travel writer Richard Halliburton paid
36¢ to swim through the Panama Canal. [This just goes to show you nobody gets a free ride through the canal.]
~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment