Saturday, January 5, 2013

Children Never Grow Out Of Some Things

I'll remind you again to visit my Pinterest page with over 7,000 photos of gorgeous eye candy. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just click here.
*

How do I put this? Hmmmm...Well, I guess I could just say hubs has a hard time finding something in the house I've asked him to find. Usually it's a pantry item. He'll look and look and swear it's not there. While I'll know for a certainty it is. So then I go to the pantry in the kitchen or the smaller one in the laundry room or the shelves we have in a spare room to hold extra food items. I'll find it immediately unless we really are out of it, which is unusual because as soon as I'm down to my last 2 cans I'll put them on our shopping list to buy more. So I'm rarely without something I need. This applies to just about anything in this house besides food items.

When our son was here a few weeks ago, he came out of the guest bathroom and into the kitchen and washed his hands. I queried him about why he didn't wash them in the bathroom. He said, "I couldn't find any soap in there." His father and I just looked at each other. There are 2 sinks in there with a bar in a dish at each sink, 10 bars in a pretty dish holder between the sinks and several more bars in a drawer in there. Son is 49 years old and still can't see something right in front of him. Sigh.......He is soooooo like his dad!
*

Some of you who have been followers for a while might remember a book I was reading about the Secret Service, the men who protect our presidents. Here's another story.

A vice-president who espoused family values told his secret service detail to take him to the elegant St. Regis hotel. They took him in the back door and to a room on the fourth floor. He then asked them to come back in 3 hours. They then understood he was having an affair with a woman. They left him there unprotected, a clear dereliction of duty. As agents they were embarrassed because they were facilitating his adultery and felt like pimps. They couldn't look his wife in the eye after that. I never give the names but you can buy the book and read it to find out all the little secrets involving men who lead us.
*


Sweet home on a soothing pond.


Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous rose wreath!!!


Lovely lined laundry basket.


Adorable kitchen.


Beautiful living room.


I love this print fabric!


Sweet old tins.


A lovely old bottle with a stopper that just won't stop! Magnificent!


Now, this is what I'd call a tiny bedroom.


Pretty little sachets wrapped up with roses and bows.


Lovely lace garment.


Pretty jewelry.


A fantastic wreath. I don't think the flowers are real though. I'd love it no matter what. It's beautiful.


Love these fabric roses.


Pretty close-up of a gorgeous pink rose!
*

Tidbit:
A single Formula One racing tire costs about $1,200.

No comments:

Post a Comment